20121122

for November 23, Friday

"We hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Alaska is so cold that I don't understand why anyone would choose to live here.  From the car to the hotel I had the first signs of frostbite because I wasn't wearing gloves, , , and you have to wear gloves because your hands will stick to doors when you try to open them, , , Nice!

The 2nd  photo is of Taylor and his friend Santiago.  Santiago moved to the U.S. five years ago from Colombia and helped with a tour of the airfield hangers where they work.  Fort Wainwright has a big history from WWII and the hangers were used to repair Russian aircraft and assist them against the Germans.  The Army has a huge coal electric plant on base to provide power.  I've been trying to see the northern lights but its too cold to go outside, , , but I'll bundle up and make the effort.

Much love from the far north, , , Steve"



Santiago and Taylor on the flight line.

"Hi Jimmy,
I took this photo and sent it to Maureen,,, I told her this is where we had thanksgiving dinner,,, I wonder where I get my sense of humor?"

No comments: